Saturday 20 September 2014

Production Log #2 - Producing My Preliminary Task

In school, I completed my preliminary task, which was to design a front cover and content page of the school’s magazine. The software I used to design the school magazine was ‘Adobe Photoshop CS6’ and I opened up my document as I continued to edit the front cover. On the front cover, I made changes which include changing the name of the magazine to ‘School Magazine’. I decided this to be the name of the magazine as it is easy to recognize when the students see the magazine and also it is suitable for the theme and genre of the magazine. I used a purple colour text to represent the Haydon School and white to represent the students’ shirt. I placed the ‘Haydon Magazine’ text in the middle as students normally look in the middle when they see a magazine. I continued with my front cover in my media lessons by adding texts around the title like: ‘Results Day’, ‘Comedy Night!’ and also add photos of everything the school provides and what the students bring to school, for example: dictionary, thesaurus, healthy foods, bags, books and all the accessories. All the clip arts around the title are linked with Haydon School. Adding the clip arts around the title took me quite a long time because I had to think where it would look better and also, I came across an issue which was taking up my time as all the layers were all over the place and I had to put them in order so that it will be easier for me to edit it again when I come back to improve it. Some of the texts have an image so that the front cover looks lively and interesting and more focused on the news that’s added on the magazine. When it came to picking a main image of a student, I couldn’t think of a pose to give them as I wanted the image to be placed in the middle, above the magazine text so I’m going to leave it without a main picture for now and come back when I have chosen the pose to give to the student.














After putting the front cover onto one side, I started with the content page and for that, I used the same software I used when I designed the front cover. I placed the title of the content page at the top of the page but in the middle so it look professional. Next to the title, I added the Haydon School logo to symbolize that the magazine is published by the Haydon School. I decided that the content text should be in blue and the page text should be in black. The reason why I chose both colours is because it stood out when I was looking at it from a far distance. The names and the numbers of the pages were lined underneath the content page title with multi-colours (red, purple, blue, turquoise, turquoise/green, green and light green). Beneath the names and the numbers of the pages, I added three photos of the Haydon School to show how it looks from the outside. This task took me time as I had to look at different photos of the school and decide which one would best suit the content page.


 


I really enjoyed designing the front cover and the content page but it was worrying me that I couldn’t think of a pose to give to the student so it would suit the front cover but, I’m happy that I finished it in a double lesson with a bit of difficulties in making the front cover and the content page look professional. I’m also really confident in using the Adobe Photoshop CS6 and sonly hope that I will be able to use it in my next future task.


No comments:

Post a Comment