Tuesday 16 September 2014

Production Log #1 - Preliminary Task

For the preliminary task, I was told to design a school magazine for Haydon School where all the news from school will be in pages including the front cover and the content page. When I was told about the task, I had a rough idea on my mind of how it is going to be which in this case, it is going to be colourful and related to school students. The magazine I am going to design will be targeted at the students who are aged 13-18 because that is the age all the students stay at school and when they become 18, they either go through the apprenticeship route or go university. I have decided that this school magazine has to grab the students' attention by using colourful texts and making the title bold so that the students can notice it from a far distance and will be keen to read it and not just put it in their bags and not see it ever again. In addition, I want the school magazine to be related to the school students like for example: after school activities, the statistic diagram of last year's GCSE/GCE results, pictures of the new buildings in school, the timetable of the meals the canteen distributes and other things around school. I  also want this school magazine to be based on everything that is related or involved with the students in school for instance: the results day, new year 7s, the canteen and also the new buildings. After taking in all the ideas, I was then told to create a power point and put all my ideas in a spider diagram so that I could come back and change it if I am not satisfied with it, just before I upload the power point onto my blog. As I gathered and saved all my ideas on a power point with the following headings such as: front page, content page, colour scheme and news, my next task is to draw the front cover and the content page in much details as possible and colour them to make it look realistic.
The ideas I came up with for the school magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment